KPOA Board & General Info
The Kenmure Property Owner’s Association (KPOA) was formed in 2002 under the provisions of North Carolina statute 47F, Planned Community Act. Under that Act, if 67% of the property owner’s in a development cast an affirmative vote, a property owner’s association may be formed. Property owners are automatically members of the organization once they purchase real estate in Kenmure and can terminate that membership only by selling all real estate owned in the development.
The mission of the Kenmure Property Owners Association is to enhance the Kenmure residential community under the leadership of an elected Board of Directors. The Association is organized to fund and provide essential services and is guided by respect among members, high regard for its volunteers and interest in the ongoing development of Kenmure as a premier place to live.
— Provide essential services to the development such as road maintenance, security, trash removal, and others as appropriate
— Oversee programs to enhance property values such as architectural review, beautification, etc.
— Manage common elements such as the roads, entry gates, and Rail Pen Gap Park.
— Provide an umbrella for community organizations to function such as Welcoming Committee, Emergency Management, and Kenmure Newcomers & Neighbors and others.
The current Board of Directors and Officers are:
- Jon Couch – President 706-224-4868 Email
- Sue Gordon – Vice President & Director, Security 828-692-9922 Email
- Susan Boland – Corporate Secretary 571-243-5307 Email
- Connie Blanton – Recording Secretary 505-934-5923 Email
- Dale Seekely – Treasurer 678-773-5586 Email
- Bob Paulsen – Director, Road Maintenance 407-963-3718 Email
- Sally Hale – Director, KPOA Services 828-697-3292 Email
- Mike Burke – Director, Emergency Management, Insurance & Records Retention 713-294-8471 Email
- Brian McCormick – Director, Community Relations 243-207-0516 Email
- Charlie Reed – Director, Architecture Review 874-668-0550 Email
Each Director has responsibilities relative to various Committees and organizations within Kenmure and will take an active role in those Committees. However, each of the organizations and committees elects their own officers.
- KPOA Board & Committies List 2021 (updated 3/18/2021)
- History of Kenmure
- Kenmure at a Glance – What does the “K” Mean
- Declaration of Covenants
- 2021 KPOA Annual Assessment Information
- KPOA Board Meetings – Public Participation