Kenmure Architectural Review Committee (KARC)
As a committee of Kenmure Property Owners Association (KPOA), the Kenmure Architectural Review Committee’s (KARC) primary objective is to keep Kenmure an aesthetically pleasing, highly desirable, forested mountain community.
Current Rules and Regulations and Architectural Forms – Guidance Docs and Forms
- Review site, architectural, and landscape plans, exterior color selections, and exterior construction materials for new single-family homes to ensure compliance with the Building Guidelines.
- Review Building Plans.
- Prepare and approve the Kenmure Building Permit and the Certificate of Occupancy, with the contractor and owner.
- Conduct site inspections prior to site excavation and as construction progresses.
- Approve exterior alterations or additions to condominiums, villas, and single-family housing, including landscaping and tree removal. (In the case of condominiums and villas, KARC only acts after the approval of the alteration or addition by the respective associations.)
- Approve applications for installation of awnings, satellite dishes, and fencing.
- Update Building Guidelines (available from the Real Estate office) on a periodic basis.
- Approve new general contractors.
KARC Committee Members
- Dennis O’Connor – Chair
- David Hampton – Existing House Alterations
- Bill Daleure – New Home Construction
- Steve Schultz – Landscaping
- Tony Dunn – Trees
- Art Shinn – Member-at-Large
- Dave Yusko – Member-at-Large
- Charlie Reed – KPOA Board Liaison